Always be aware that your Loan Officer will be in constant touch with you throughout your home-buying process, and will be asking for documents all the way through the process once you have found your home and you are under contract. Make sure you are available to them throughout the process, as it is extremely important to stay on task during your Due Diligence period.
Other important tips to keep in mind:
- Pay attention during the Home Inspection
- Get a second or third opinion, from friends, family or relatives
- Shop around for Home Owners Insurance
- Make sure your credit is in good shape
- Resist the urge to buy all the home you can “afford”
- Pay down your debts and avoid incurring new debts
- Do not go furniture shopping until AFTER you have purchased your new home
About Mary Severs.
Mary Severs a full-time sales associate of the Fonville Morisey Realty Brier Creek Office.
An active member of her community, Mary volunteers on the hospitality committee and in the classroom at Jeffreys Grove Elementary School.
Originally from Hermitage, PA, Mary currently resides in Raleigh with her husband, Mark, and daughter, Danielle.
Mary is a member of the Raleigh Regional Association of Realtors, the North Carolina Association of Realtors, and the National Association of Realtors.
Fonville Morisey Realty has 11 sales offices, with over 850 associates and employees throughout the Greater Triangle region. FM offers mortgage, insurance, property management, title services, real estate education courses and relocation services through its divisions and partners. For more information about Fonville Morisey Realty, visit www.fmrealty.com.