Today marks the beginning of the Fourth Quarter of 2012 and you know what else takes place this time of year – the leaves change colors, families go pumpkin picking while enjoying apple cider and hay rides at local pumpkin patches, children carve out their pumpkins for Halloween, doorways are decorated and spruced up in autumn fare, and shortly thereafter we transition to the Thanksgiving table and stories around the Christmas tree.
Fonville Morisey Realty assists families every day with finding and financing their new home in Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and surrounding areas. It’s what we do! Every family (including our own Fonville Morisey family) has a unique story to tell and during this time of the year, the stories get more visual… and social media drives that vision. From the sharing of images through the Instagram app on your iPhone or Android to Tweeting about the fun you’re having at the North Carolina State Fair to “checking in” on Foursquare at the homes along the Parade of Home tours this month, we all tend to use social media to tell our stories.
Well, we want you to help us embrace the medium by sharing your pictures, videos, & stories about your favorite Holiday Moments via Twitter, Instagram, Facebook, Foursquare, YouTube, what have you by tagging each with the hashtag #holidaymoments. Here are some examples -
- Share an image via Instagram and Twitter of the pumpkin you pick out at Hillridge Farms in Youngsville or Green Acres in Cary. Tag it with #holidaymoments
- Decorate your front door for Halloween, take a picture, share it via Twitter and Instagram and tag it #holidaymoments
- Spy some fall foliage while walking the American Tobacco Trail in Durham or around your own backyard! Take a picture and share it. #holidaymoments
- Got a favorite Halloween childhood memory to share? Blog about it and tag your blog post with #holidaymoments.
- Are you attending one of Fonville Morisey’s Client Appreciation Fall Festivals (FM Lochmere, FM Vandora, Kelly Cobb Home Team)? Take a picture of yourself at the displays they set up and share that via Twitter and Instagram. Tag it #holidaymoments!
- Got a favorite autumn wreath hanging on your front door? Take a picture of that, share it via Twitter and Instagram with a caption explaining the history of that particular wreath. Was it a gift? Was it a great find at a discount store (and which store)? Don’t forget to tag it #holidaymoments!
- As the season winds into Thanksgiving and Christmas, share more images of fall foliage, your decorated entryways, pumpkins lined up on your doorsteps, your tables set for Thanksgiving dinners, picking out your Christmas Tree, video of singing Christmas carols, holiday decorations around the home, etc. Tag everything with…you guessed it…#holidaymoments!
For added incentive to join us in this initiative we’ve added a contest where one winner each week will receive a specially designed holiday cookie tin full of delectable holiday cookies to share with your family with our compliments. Check our Facebook Page for the link to register. You must be a legal resident of the U.S. (18 and over)and able to pick up your prize at our corporate office in Raleigh should you be the lucky winner. See the official rules for more information.
Everyone has a favorite #holidaymoment (or moments). Share yours with Fonville Morisey. Don’t forget to tag them with #holidaymoments too! We can’t WAIT to see what y’all share.