Last summer, Fonville Morisey embarked on our first ever campaign to raise donations and awareness for the Food Bank of Central and Eastern North Carolina’s Kids Summer Stock program…and it was a success!
For weeks each branch office battled it out collecting as many donations as they could receive on behalf of this initiative and in return, we blogged, Facebooked, Tweeted, etc. all about their efforts. Our winning branch last year was our Highway 54 office! The competition is on again this summer, but that’s not the reason we do this.
With over 300,000 children (within the 34 counties the Food Bank serves) unable to receive at the very least one good nutritional meal a day thanks to the fact that school is out, we feel as a Fonville Morisey family we needed to step up and help our community. These are children that are on the free and reduced lunch programs typically receiving nutrition during a school day. In the summer, no school means no meals for some of them.
From June 25th – July 31st, we encourage you – our community – to help us celebrate “Christmas in July” as we give back to the Food Bank. Every holiday season many of our branches and our corporate office give generously to various causes that we support throughout the season. We felt why not continue that generosity during the summer months too!
Visit a Fonville Morisey branch office nearest you and give to the cause. You’ll be helping these children receive the nutrition they need. Most needed items include -
- Canned Meals: Stews, Soups, Tuna, Ravioli, Lasagna, etc. (Pop-top cans a plus!)
- Peanut Butter, Canned Vegetables
- Grains: Cereal, Rice, Pasta and Dried Beans
- Fruits: Fruit cups, Dried Fruit, Applesauce, 100% Juice and Juice Boxes
- Rice, Pasta and Dried Beans
- Kid-Friendly Items: Granola Bars, Popcorn, Graham or Animal Crackers, Fat-free/Sugar-free Pudding Cups
- Baby Products: Diapers, Wipes, Formula, Infant Cereal
- Hygiene Items: Toothpaste, Feminine Products, Shaving Items, Hand Sanitizer, Soap, etc.
- Paper Products: Toilet Paper, Paper Towels, etc.
Please – No loose glass and plastic jars of baby food as they will have to be discarded due to health regulations.
(Taken from the Food Bank CENC website information on hosting a Food Drive.)
Our Digital Media Marketing Marketing Director attended their “Hunger Relief Day” Kick Off on June 2nd at the Streets at Southpoint Mall in Durham. Here’s a video chock full of interviews with volunteers, partner agencies, and representatives from the Food Bank explaining the program and why it’s necessary.
Join us as we fight child hunger in the Raleigh, Durham, Chapel Hill and surrounding areas together this summer! Visit one of our branch offices and donate today. We thank you and our community thanks you too!