Scotty McCreery: Our Very Own American Idol

by fmrealty on March 4, 2011

• Sharebar

If you are one of the millions of people tuning in to ‘American Idol’ this season, you’re probably wondering who the deep-voiced, 17 year-old contestant is who is turning heads nationwide. We are proud to say he’s one of our own!

Scotty McCreery is the son of Fonville Morisey’s Judy McCreery, an agent in our Vandora Office. A native of Garner, Scotty belts out country’s greatest hits with a mature, seasoned veteran voice that most adults would envy. He has dreamed about being on ‘Idol’ since season one, and this was the first year he could audition.

Judy says Scotty started singing when he hummed a few lines of a nursery rhyme at his one-year-old doctor’s check-up. He used to sit the back of the school bus and serenade the rest of the kids with the tunes of his musical hero, Elvis Presley. “I’m just your typical all-American boy who plays baseball for his high school team and sings in the musicals,” says Scotty, “They say music is healing, and if I could use my voice to touch other people’s lives that would be the biggest blessing in the world.” Scotty is proof that strong morals and good Southern upbringing can hold their own in Hollywood.

After auditioning in Milwaukee, FOX thought Scotty’s tryout was so promising they turned it into a four-minute segment with quotes from his mother and high school baseball coach. Since then, he has continued to impress the judges with renditions of songs by artists like Josh Turner and Travis Tritt. The boy can sing!

Clearly, you loyal viewers loved his take on John Michael Montgomery’s ‘Letters From Home,’ and voted him on to next level of competition. This week, he advanced to the top 13, with judge Jennifer Lopez telling him he was born to sing country music, “you have what it takes, you have the goods.”

Tune in on Wednesday and Thursday at 8/7c and vote online for Scotty. Let’s keep up the hometown support and make sure we’ll be seeing more from our ‘Idol’ this season! We’ll be posting updates on his progress, video clips and maybe even a comment from his proud mama, so stay tuned! Go Scotty! We’re proud of you!

{ 11 comments… read them below or add one }

Phyllis Stout March 5, 2011 at 10:35 pm

What an amazing voice and also an amazingly poised stage presence!

Giselle Morgan March 8, 2011 at 8:29 am

Go Scotty! Good luck! You're the best!

Vanessa Castillo March 9, 2011 at 2:22 pm

We'll be watching tonight!

Sonja March 11, 2011 at 6:36 pm

Such an amazing voice on such a poised young man. You are destined for greatness Scotty!

Judy March 15, 2011 at 1:12 pm

We're pulling for you…and better yet, we're voting for you! Those values and that voice will take you far.

Mike Taylor March 15, 2011 at 9:23 pm

Great voice….who would have thought that one of my neighbors could have such a voice. Voted.

ruth March 16, 2011 at 3:52 pm

I love this young fellow! He just make me scream like a teenager, but I am in my 80's. He is such a wonderful roll model and the way he stood uo for young, sweet J C. I kept looking to see if he was going to step up tp the plate. I love his voice and I want to thank his parents for the way he was raised. I will surley vote for Scotty. Caye

Toni Benson March 25, 2011 at 9:59 am

Scotty exhibits what we want in our next generation; quality, confidence, sincerity, a real sense of purpose, strong in his faith, and what a voice, those deep notes grab my heart! Pulling for Scotty all the way….

Sylvia Dawson April 13, 2011 at 9:36 pm

He has an amazing country voice and has the presentation of a well seasoned artist.

Mrs Edw Brooks April 22, 2011 at 6:26 pm

I am a avid fan of Scotty and also in my 80"s. He has a great talent and you can he see he isa very nice young man well brought up always presents a clean cut and polite demeaner. He is up against a hard metal rocker but I know he can wipe him out. When Scotty did Elvis he brought the house down. Hope that happens at every Wensday left .Go after it Scotty Love you

N. Killian April 23, 2011 at 6:47 pm

Scotty has a once in a lifetime voice. His talent and humility are positively humbling……………….rare combination. HOPEFULLY, he will select a Johnny Cash or even a Bob Seegar (which he is very capable of). Perhaps LONG BLACK TRAIN or FIRE DOWN BELOW. Very different songs but both tell a story of which he is a master. Wouldn't it be great to have him win…………………… he would be a TRUE American Idol. Hands down, he is the most unique talent in this contest.